The old Blue Ridge City Hall and Jail are shown under construction in 1937. The building, which is located on Church Street between East Main and East First streets, now houses the Blue Ridge Police Department.
This is a copy of a newspaper article attributed to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after the Fannin County Courthouse was destroyed by fire in 1936.
Eighty-eight years ago this July, one president’s decision would greatly influence the tiny town of Blue Ridge.
Almost three years into the Great Depression, on July 2, 1932, President Franklin D…
Premium Content is available to subscribers only. Please login here to access content or gohere to purchase a subscription.